Saturday, February 26, 2011

R & D for "Yaxche" Mayan Cuisine

That's Roger & Diana, not Research and Development...well hold on, hmm? Maybe it is...

Not to take away from our incredible snorkeling adventure to Yalku Lagoon. But after a good swim and enough salt water in your mouth. I know Roger and I are gonna be ready for a cold drink and lunch! Well anyone who knows me (and can see me), knows that I am a "Foodie" and since I've never been to the Yucatan, well Mayan cuisine has got my curiosity. So through some research... here we are.

During our visit to Playa del Carmen (PDC) the Yaxche Restaurant has me personally intrigued. So that is our PDC tourist destination - First Mayan cuisine and if there's time after we will stroll and explore.

Below are some information and links about this very unique restaurant. It is not a "hole in the wall" joint and not the 5 Star restaurant either. Moderately priced is what my 2010 Frommer's Guide stated. Meal to cost between $10-30 pending what you get. The draw here is that this is the closest we can get to on this trip for true Mayan cuisine without having Anthony Bourdain or Andrew Zimmern with us from the Travel Channel! So check out the information if this is of interest for you. R & D are planning to head to Yaxche (that's pronounced, jag-shey)!

No comments:

Post a Comment