Friday, February 25, 2011

ITunes-UTunes-We All Tunes!


Well I asked you all about your favorite reading material...NOW for those bringing their tunes..oh you know those MP3, itune library in laptop, iphone, ipad, itouch, ay-ya-ya-ya-ay...oh my!

So what is your favorite music and singer(s)? What are you planning to bring in your playlist or gizmo machine....Name that musical singer and share away.... let's go for a list of no more then 10?

Here's mine..

DIANA's Album Choices - Top Ten Singers (not in order)
1. Michael Buble - "It's Time" & "Caught in the Act"
2. Barbara Streisand - "Memories" & "Emotions"
3. Kenny Chesney - " Be As You Are"
4. Andrea Bocelli - "Amore" & "Romanza"
5. Tommy Castro - "Right as Rain" & 'Exception to the Rule"
6. Tony Bennett - "Duet-An American Classic"
7. Patty Austin - "The Ultimate Collection"
8. Gloria Estefan - "Greatest Hits" & "Christmas Through Your Eyes"
9. Michael McDonald - "Motown"
10. Wave Aid - Various Artists from Smooth Jazz

Mike C's Music Selection
1.Sex Pistols
2. Fear
3. Dead Kennedys
4. Surf Punks
5. Black Flag
6. TSOL
7. PIL
8. Agent Orange
9. Social Distortion
& 10. Michael Bolton

Karen's Music Selection
1. Country
2. Classical - Pavaratti & Bocelli
3. R&B
4. Smooth Jazz
5. Hawaiian
6. Rock
Okay...I'm more partial to Country these days (my aging ears can actually understand some of the words), but you will find Classical, R&B, Smooth Jazz, Country, Hawaiian, Pavaratti and Bocelli, plus Rock from several eras.....but no complete albums. I mix and match the singles cuz I'm too cheap to buy the whole album ;-)

Alex's Music Selection
1.Gypsy Kings
2. Andrea Bocelli
3. 50's songs
4. 70's Disco (go Donna Summer!)
5. Tango
6. Brazilian
7. Favorite Jazz
8. Europa (makes my skin tingle)
9.

....actually most anything with saxophone will do that.

Jim's Music Selection

Country Music, Definitely!!!

No other musical genre captures the heartfelt emotions of life, love, joy, pain, and despair...and the beauty of the English language like a good country song. Just consider the following examples...Pure Poetry!

1. Were You Born an Asshole (or did you work at it your whole life)?

2. At the Gas Station of Love, I Got the Self Service Pump

3. I Don't Know Whether to Kill Myself or Go Bowling

4. Although You're Thirty, I Still Think You're Purty

5. From the Gutter to You Ain't Up

6. How Can I Miss You If You Won't Go Away?

7. I Don't Want You're Body If Your Heart's Not In It

8. I Still Miss You Baby, But My Aim's Getting Better

9. I'm So Miserable Without You It's Almost Like Having You Here

10. You Can't Have Your Kate and Edith, Too

11. If You Won't Leave Me Alone, I'll Find Someone Who Will

12. Tennis Must Be Your Racket 'Cause "Love" Means Nothin' To You

Jan's Music selection

I enjoy the following, “even though I can’t find my ipod after moving our homes...ugh!”

1. Country- the best

2. Smooth Jazz

3. R&B

4. Classic Rock, various eras

5. Sinatra, Cole, Streisand, Bennett, et.al.

6. Various Latin Jazz ex: Santana, Poncho Sanchez

7. Bon Jovi

8. Ottmar Liebert

9. Kenny G types
And finally number 10 …the “Coup de Gras” various renditions from Jim Berkson’s Pedal Steel Guitar ! ("Ear Ache")


Photo provided by Flickr:AndersLjungberg


No comments:

Post a Comment